Direkt zum Hauptbereich

[Introduction] A Man Named Onigumo (USA)

Disclaimer: The band/solo artist knows about my blog. I do have permission to write about them and to use their/his picture. All links are placed, as well as the representative videos on YouTube.

Photo rights goes to the Band itself - A Man Named Onigumo


Official Music Platforms

First of all, as always, thank you to A Man Named Onigumo for giving me permission to write this introduction.

As the Readers of this Blog most know by now, I'am often on Spotify and switch through so many Artists. And in this Sence i found also A Man Named Onigumo!
I'm always surprised that I go in the direction of Progressive/Brutal Death Metal since I'm more into the symphonic direction.

The Line Up is as Such
Andrew Smith (All Instruments & Vocals)

We had the honor of having Andrew, the mastermind of the band, answer our questions. But before that, in 2019, he was able to land the first score on his Bandcamp with the album Quilted by the Lonely Ghost Host.
1. Quilted by the Lonely Ghost Host (07:44) 
2. Might Not Be Hell, but You're Gonna Run into Some Bad Dudes (02:02) (instrumental)
3. It Possesses Some Extraordinary Power (04:55)
4. Doomsday Shroud (04:08)
5. The Departed Department (01:49) (instrumental)
6. Eternity Burn (04:23)
7. A Cosmic Virgin (10:29) (instrumental)
Full-Length Playtime: 35:30

Of course we couldn’t resist asking our questions! Andrew answered everyone of them in the most honest way imaginable.
Ceyla: "Is there any band that inspires you the most? Or, if there isn’t such a band, where do you draw your inspiration from? If neither applies, how did you come up with these two sub-genres, if you can still call them that?" 
🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
A.S: " First question is a very difficult one so I'm going to have to give you four bands that I feel I draw the most inspiration from. Cephalic Carnage, Defeated Sanity, Dillinger Escape Plan, Frank Zappa to name just a few. A lot of my inspiration comes from spontaneity and improvisation. Experimenting and creating the type of music that I would want to listen to."

We can confirm that you can detect some influences from the artists mentioned if you listen closely. Also the experimental aspect, but this is something that fans of the metal scene are happy to accept in order to discover something new. Spontaneity as well as improvisation are part of the experimental aspect that makes it exciting to listen through the discography.

In June 2019, people could already look forward to new music from the band as the EP The Mental Cleanse was released.
1. The Mental Cleanse (02:26) (instrumental)
2. Mechanisms (05:34)
3.  The Passage Way (04:28)
4. The Goblet of Ab-Sha-Ren (06:27)
5. Void (05:07)
6. The Great Illusion Part 1 - The Loss (03:39)
7. The Great Illusion Part 2 - The Return (04:47)
8. Anesthetic (09:28) (instrumental)
Full-Length Playtime: 41:46

As you can hear throughout his entire discography, you quickly recognize and notice the concentrated power that lies in his music. The meaning of some lyrics also becomes clearer bit by bit.

I did ask myself if I should ask this to every artist since not everybody has the desire to be on festivals or events, but nonetheless, I ask.
Ceyla: "Are there any festivals or events in Germany, or even worldwide, that you would like to attend? Some of them always offer opportunities to apply." 
🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
A.S: "In terms of Germany Id love to attend or play all the big ones like Wacken and Graspop, but I’m not all too familiar with more local festivals. The band that I play Bass in named Necrotic Altar from Springfield MO will be playing Arkansas Death Fest on May 2nd so I am very excited to see the other bands playing that!"

As many of You know, i do love to recommend to different Festivals, like Dong Open Air, Full Force, Rock Harz, Summer Breeze, Turock Open Air , Party San Open Air, Frostfeuernächte, Dark Troll Festival and many many more.
Nonetheless, we're keeping our fingers crossed for the upcoming festival for the band where he plays the bass in. This is also linked if you want to check it out.

2019 was a very successful year for A Man Named Onigumo because in December of that year another album called Neurosynthetic Misanthropy was released on his Bandcamp.
1. Consumed (02:00)
2. (datgravebeendug) (07:39)
3. Neurosynthetic Misanthropy (05:09)
4. Kill me When I Die (08:04)
5. Hostile Revulsion (03:31)
6. Deemed Unfit (04:32)
7. Cold and Bloodsoaked (03:42)
8. The Last Thing I Saw... (Visions Session Extra) (02:35)
9. Embryonic Rejuvenation (Visions Session Extra) (03:27)
10. (datgravebeendug) [Instrumental version (07:39) (instrumental)
11. Kill me When I Die (Instrumental Version) (07:57) (instrumental)
Full-Length Playtime: 56:15

We now try to include the complete discography in these presentations to make the search easier.
[2020.09.12] Spatial Spew (EP)
[2021.10.22] The Ritual Nectar (Album)
[2021.12.21] Endless Leukotomy (Single)
[2022.01.01] Endless Leukotomy (Album)
[2022.03.12] Instrumental Teaser 3​/​12​/​22 (Demo)
[2022.06.06] The Dismal Tide (EP)
[2022.08.31] Invoking the Unutterable (Album)
[2022.10.01] A Man Named Onigumo / Braindeth (Split)
[2022.10.18] Collecting Tender Amalgamation (EP)
[2022.11.09] Fluidic Reconstruction / Empty Vessels (Split)
[2023.01.01] Fluidic Reconstruction (EP)
[2023.02.08] Horrific Incandescence (EP)
[2023.06.01] Ingested Torment (Album)
[2023.08.23] Eroded by Time (Compilation)
[2023.10.10] Consigned to Oblivion (Album)
[2023.10.29] A Distorted Insignificance (Album)
[2024.02.08] Lost in the Loosh (Album)


Of course, we always give artists and musicians the option to leave a message for the readers. These messages are always very heartwarming, even if you shouldn't mention them in metal. And yet, they are all absolutely lovely people.
Ceyla: "Is there anything you would like the readers of this blog to know about you and your music?"
🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻
A.S: "i am working on a new album now. No release date yet. 
And I will have physical copies of my newest album “Across The Swamplands of Psychic Combat” available on my Bandcamp page very soon so stay on the look out!" 

All named artists, as well as festivals and the entire discography, are linked throughout the article!

Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

[Review] Timeless Rage Album „My Kingdom Come“

Disclaimer: The band/solo artist knows about my blog. I do have permission to write about them and to use their/his picture. All links are placed, as well as the representative videos on YouTube. Image rights go to the Band Itself - Timesless Rage With “My Kingdom Come,” Timeless Rage makes a powerful statement in the realm of symphonic power metal—an album that impresses in equal measure with its energy, atmosphere, and musical precision. From the very first bars, it becomes clear: here, epic grandeur meets passionate songwriting. The album’s sound is characterized by a successful balance between driving guitar riffs, orchestral arrangements, and catchy melodies. The symphonic elements never feel overdone, but instead blend harmoniously into the overall picture, lending the songs a cinematic depth. Fans of bands like Nightwish or Rhapsody of Fire, in particular, are sure to get their money’s worth here. What sets “My Kingdom Come” apart is its strong emotional component. The songs con...

Self Deception (Sweden)

Most "Infos" found on Spirit of Metal Image rights are going to the Band itself - Self Deception; Picture taken from  mhf-mag.com This time it's not an approved action, but I felt it was important to post about them even though bands already have a certain status. And since I really enjoy listening to their songs at the moment, they're first in line. Or more at least i try. My writing Skills are hopefully being approved with this. Even though they are not good to begin with. 👀 Since I am writing this as a fan of the band, I am sure I am unconsciously leaving out things that are actually important, so please feel free to point them out to me. __________________________________________________ I was first introduced to Self Deception on Spotify with their song PSYCHO . From then on, things got a little out of hand. I had always been determined to listen to the accompanying Album, You Are Only As Sick As Your Secrets . After Fight Fire with Gasoline was also recommende...

[Introduction] Timless Rage (Germany)

Disclaimer: The band/solo artist knows about my blog. I do have permission to write about them and to use their/his picture. All links are placed, as well as the representative videos on YouTube. Image right going to the Band itself - Timeless Rage Instagram / Facebook / TikTok / Twitter (X) / Band's Youtube / Threads / BandsinTown / BlueSky / Label's Youtube / Newsletter Music Platform's Spotify /  Amazon Music / Apple Music / Deezer / ROKK  / TIDAL  / qobuz All in One (Buy, CDs & Downloads) First of all, I'd like to thank the band Timeless Rage for giving me the honor to write about them! I found out about them over Instagram , as Impossible as it sounds. And since I'am Symphonic Metal Lover it was for me quiet obvious to follow them. I have the story of the band, what difficulties they had to overcome and how they got back on their feet spread throughout the article. The beginnings We are the band Timeless Rage from Villingen-Schwenningen in sout...